Affinity for utilizing, both proven and new, technologies to streamline and improve business processes. Driven by a
desire to assist organizations in working smarter.
Areas of focus include Database Systems, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, IT Security, and Healthcare IT.
Sept. 2017 - Current
Jan. 2017 - Sept. 2017
• Worked as primary point of contact for all data systems including both, for, vendor supplied and in-house developed databases.
• Responsible for SQL Server 2014 and Oracle 11g platforms running on both Windows server and Red Hat Linux.
• Maintained virtual servers hosting all data systems. Performed all patching of systems.
• Performed database analysis and tuning to ensure high level of operation. This includes query, index, and system tuning actions.
• Ensured that disaster recovery plan was well-designed. Tested full disaster recovery procedure to remote data center.
Jul. 2016 - Dec. 2016
• Acted as lead SQL Developer for small team, responsible for underwriting and cost/profit analysis of prospective clients and contracts.
• Performed a variety of advanced analytical exercises for developing pricing models for both prospective and renewing clients.
• Provided continual assistance, training, and mentoring to other Data Analysts with regards to data systems and data retrieval (T-SQL); allowing them to perform their job functions with greater efficiency and reliability.
• Developed systems, procedures, and applications to assist various analytics teams. Examples include data modeling, ETL procedures, and automation tasks.
• Created reporting framework that was implemented and utilized by entire organization. Focuses on contract management and KPI tracking.
Aug. 2015 - Jul. 2016
• Evaluated and led company to software acquisition of automation platform. Presented to Centene Corporation (corporate owners) who are evaluating whether to also invest in platform.
• Introduced and implemented continuous integration technologies to the organization with an emphasis on business process automation, software build and release automation, and regression test automation.
• Automated several business functions that had previously been, entirely, manual tasks. One such example reduced the necessary time to complete from ~21 man hours down to 90-120 minutes.
Aug. 2013 - Aug. 2015
• Provide advanced support for all Windows Server related issues including installing software, maintaining hardware and ensuring all services necessary are acting as expected.
• Had integral role in a Data Center migration in which all servers were, virtually, relocated from Fresno, CA to St. Louis, MO. With this, the introduction to a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure was made to all end users in Fresno as well as various other locations, providing a robust environment available from anywhere in the world.
• Whenever necessary, perform crossover responsibilities in supporting end users with their IT business needs.
• Manage all data center hardware, except for networking devices, in the Fresno Data Center.
• Work to ensure that US Script server environment is in compliance with Centene’s guidelines and regulations in areas such as security, backup solutions and patching.
• Support Sr. System Engineers, and other stakeholders, to ensure that the Windows server environment meets all business needs that they were intended to support.
Oct. 2012 - Aug. 2013
• Acted as top tier support representative providing expertise in the areas of server, application, network and database technologies.
• Managed hosted environment hosting roughly 30 customer database and applications between two applicationservers and one database server.
• Provided internal systems and server support for Client Services, Quality Assurance and Application Development departments.
• Assumed the responsibility of managing all company Linux/Unix servers.
• Served as account manager and systems administrator for RackSpace cloud and hosted server environments.
Jun. 2010 - Oct. 2012
• Troubleshot and developed technical solutions related to software and setup issues for field technicians, support managers and customers.
• Provided support with CRM and ERP solutions including custom reporting, workflow creation and optimization as well as user management.
• Developed ad-hoc reports for internal analytics ranging from site performance to overall system health using SQL.
• Developed and implemented standard practices for diagnosing site issues. Brought average response and repair time from two weeks to within five business days.
• Implemented site review process including setting up an offshore team. Site review time went from every 14 days to every day.
• Administrated large Verizon account with over 100 active lines. Reduced bill by ~22% without cutting services.
• Managed business IT Services including Active Directory, VOIP Phone System and TCP/IP Network.
May 2008 - Jul. 2010
• Designed, developed and maintained all Library websites averaging 200,000 page views monthly.
• As mandated by CSU Chancellors office, ensured accessibility guidelines were met for all Library affiliated web sites.
• Served on college and university wide committees to establish best practices for University web presence.
• Managed a wide range of web related projects as part of University initiatives for student academic success.
• Collaborated with marketing department on several Library promotional websites.
• Utilized the WordPress content management system to increase flexibility of Library websites.
Aug. 2005 - May 2008
• Performed variety of help-desk related activities in support of the Henry Madden Library.
• Maintained public access computer assets and ensured high quality of service for the heavily used systems.
• Developed computer images for rapid turn over of computer systems when repair was required.
• Worked with University faculty and staff in areas of computer support, training, and productivity areas.