Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State UniversityDec. 2017M.S: Information Technology [3.85 GPA]
Areas of focus include Database Systems, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, IT Security, and Healthcare IT.
California State University, FresnoMay 2008B.S: Business Administration: Computer Information Systems [3.00 GPA]
Epic: Clarity AdministrationFeb. 2018Epic Systems Corp.
MCSA: SQL 2016 Database AdministrationMay 2017Microsoft Corporation
ITIL 2011: FoundationJan. 2015AXELOS Global
MCITP: SQL Server 2008 - Database DevelopmentJul. 2012Microsoft Corporation
MCTS: SQl Server 2008 - Database DevelopmentJun. 2012Microsoft Corporation
Clinical Systems Administrator | Database AdministratorSept. 2017 - CurrentCommunity Medical Centers
- Responsible for all maintenance and upgrades of Epic Cogito databases and infrastructure. Mainly Epic Clarity and Caboodle platforms.
- Develop, implement, and maintain custom data solutions including SSIS packages, Powershell scripting, and other means of data capture.
- Perform server administration duties to ensure all required security remediation, OS patches, and special configurations are in place to meet corporate IT requirements.
- Work as subject matter expert on various special projects.
Database AdministratorSun-Maid Growers of California
- Worked as primary point of contact for all data systems including both, for, vendor supplied and in-house developed databases.
- Responsible for SQL Server 2014 and Oracle 11g platforms running on both Windows server and Red Hat Linux.
- Maintained virtual servers hosting all data systems. Performed all patching of systems.
- Performed database analysis and tuning to ensure high level of operation. This includes query, index, and system tuning actions.
- Ensured that disaster recovery plan was well-designed. Tested full disaster recovery procedure to remote data center.
Data Analyst IIIJul. 2016 - Dec. 2016Envolve Pharmacy Solutions
- Acted as lead SQL Developer for small team, responsible for underwriting and cost/profit analysis of prospective clients and contracts.
- Performed a variety of advanced analytical exercises for developing pricing models for both prospective and renewing clients.
- Provided continual assistance, training, and mentoring to other Data Analysts with regards to data systems and data retrieval (T-SQL); allowing them to perform their job functions with greater efficiency and reliability.
- Developed systems, procedures, and applications to assist various analytics teams. Examples include data modeling, ETL procedures, and automation tasks.
- Created reporting framework that was implemented and utilized by entire organization. Focuses on contract management and KPI tracking.
Quality Assurance Engineer / Automation DeveloperAug. 2015 - Jul. 2016Envolve Pharmacy Solutions
- Evaluated and led company to software acquisition of automation platform. Presented to Centene Corporation (corporate owners) who are evaluating whether to also invest in platform.
- Introduced and implemented continuous integration technologies to the organization with an emphasis on business process automation, software build and release automation, and regression test automation.
- Automated several business functions that had previously been, entirely, manual tasks. One such example reduced the necessary time to complete from ~21 man hours down to 90-120 minutes.
Systems EngineerAug. 2013 - Aug. 2015Envolve Pharmacy Solutions
- Provided advanced support for all Windows Server related issues including installing software, maintaining hardware and ensuring all services necessary are acting as expected.
- Played integral role in a Data Center migration in which all servers were, virtually, relocated from Fresno, CA to St. Louis, MO. With this, the introduction to a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure was made to all end users in Fresno as well as various other locations, providing a robust environment available from anywhere in the world.
- Whenever necessary, performed crossover responsibilities in supporting end users with their IT business needs.
- Managed all data center hardware, except for networking devices, in the Fresno Data Center.
- Worked to ensure that US Script server environment is in compliance with Centene’s guidelines and regulations in areas such as security, backup solutions and patching.
- Support Sr. System Engineers, and other stakeholders, to ensure that the Windows server environment meets all business needs that they were intended to support.
Systems Support EngineerOct. 2012 - Aug. 2013Decade Software Company
- Acted as top tier support representative providing expertise in the areas of server, application, network and database technologies.
- Managed hosted environment hosting roughly 30 customer database and applications between two applicationservers and one database server.
- Provided internal systems and server support for Client Services, Quality Assurance and Application Development departments.
- Assumed the responsibility of managing all company Linux/Unix servers.
- Served as account manager and systems administrator for RackSpace cloud and hosted server environments.
Software Support EngineerJun. 2010 - Oct. 2012PureSense Environmental
- Troubleshot and developed technical solutions related to software and setup issues for field technicians, support managers and customers.
- Provided support with CRM and ERP solutions including custom reporting, workflow creation and optimization as well as user management.
- Developed ad-hoc reports for internal analytics ranging from site performance to overall system health using SQL.
- Developed and implemented standard practices for diagnosing site issues. Brought average response and repair time from two weeks to within five business days.
- Implemented site review process including setting up an offshore team. Site review time went from every 14 days to every day.
- Administrated large Verizon account with over 100 active lines. Reduced bill by ~22% without cutting services.
- Managed business IT Services including Active Directory, VOIP Phone System and TCP/IP Network.
Information Technology ConsultantMay 2008 - Jul. 2010California State University, Fresno
- Designed, developed and maintained all Library websites averaging 200,000 page views monthly.
- As mandated by CSU Chancellors office, ensured accessibility guidelines were met for all Library affiliated web sites.
- Served on college and university wide committees to establish best practices for University web presence.
- Managed a wide range of web related projects as part of University initiatives for student academic success.
- Collaborated with marketing department on several Library promotional websites.
- Utilized the Wordpress content management system to increase flexibility of Library websites.
IT Student AssistantAug. 2005 - May 2008California State University, Fresno
- Performed variety of help-desk related activities in support of the Henry Madden Library.
- Maintained public access computer assets and ensured high quality of service for the heavily used systems.
- Developed computer images for rapid turn over of computer systems when repair was required.
- Worked with University faculty and staff in areas of computer support, training, and productivity areas.
Areas of Expertise
Database Administration and DevelopmentMicrosoft SQL ServerOracle RDBMSMySQLMinor experience with NoSQL platforms, AWS, Azure, GraphDB, and other alternative database platforms.
System EngineeringWindows Server AdministrationLinux Server AdministrationCitrix, VMWare, and Hypervisor technologiesNetwork troubleshootingDomain management and administrationDisaster Recovery planning
Software and Web DevelopmentExperience with C#, VB.net, and JavaLAMP stack development